Facebook New Changes Complete Details and Tutorials
Facebook has gone through a number of changes and will be changes more in the few days. Things are little more complex but everything is in the control of user that how he will manage his profile. Check out the few major changes that Facebook has gone through after the jump.
These are some major changes in the Facebook profile. [Click on any image to zoom/enlarge]
You can click on the arrow in front of each post and do the following things:
- Mark as a top story
- Hide story
- Report story/spam
- Change the subscribe setting
- Unsubscribe from that friend or his/her specific updates.
How to Edit your profile in new Facebook:
Open your profile by clicking on your name from the top Facebook Bar. Now click on the “Edit profile” at the top right of your profile to edit your profile directly.
Logout/Account or Privacy Settings:
Facebook has changed its top bar, its sticky now, means that when you scroll up/down your profile, the Facebook Top Bar do not move. Moreover there is a change in the Facebook top bar that there are no “Account” or “Profile” button on it.
“Account” is replaced by a simple Arrow by clicking which you can go to your “Privacy Settings”, “Account Settings” and Logging out” etc, while the “Profile” button is replaced by “Your Profile Name” by clicking which you can redirect to your profile.
New Real-Time Facebook Friends’ Activities:
This one is the most amazing feature i personally found in the new Facebook. There is a side bar which shows the real-time activities by your friends and when you hover your mouse over any activity, it will be open for you in small pop-up type window to like/comment or whatever you want to do with it.
Facebook Home Page:
The homepage is now divided into two parts. Left side contains News-feeds and the Right side contains Real-Time Friends’ Activities.
When you scroll down your Facebook Homepage window, only Left side will scroll down while the right side (real-time activities) will not move down.
You can now subscribe to the news-feeds of those who are not even your friends but that person should allow the feature on his profile as well.
You can see only the “Public” posts by that person by Subscribing to him. You can subscribe to anyone by clicking on the “Subscribe” button from his profile and can “Un-subscribe” by clicking the same button. Moreover you can always customize that which posts you want to see from that person.
How to view your Subscribers/Subscriptions:
Open your profile and under your profile picture you will see two options and shown in the image below.
- Subscriptions: Click on “Subscriptions” to see those people who you subscribed.
- Subscribers: Click on “Subscribers” to see those who are subscribed to your feeds.
Listing/Deleting a friend:
Open your friend’s profile then click on “Friends”. Now you can add him/her to any list. Or delete him/her by simply clicking on “Unfriend”.
Poke or Report/Block a Person:
Click on the “Gear with arrow” button as shown in the image and then on the “Poke” to poke that person and “Report/Block” to report that profile or block that person.
Privacy Settings of your Posts:
Now your posts are customizable that to whom you want to show them and from whom you want to hide them. You can always change the privacy of your each post by clicking on the “Arrow” in front of each post (shows when you hover the mouse to that place).
By setting “Public” anyone can see this (even not your friend), by selecting “Friends” it will be only shown to your friends and to customize you have to go for “Custom” option.
News-Feeds according to your lists:
Open your Facebook Homepage and on the right middle of the page you will see “Lists”. Click on any list to open its specific feeds by the members of that list. Click on “more” to open all of your lists and to manage them.
You can create new lists by clicking on “+Create List”.
In this post you learned that:
- How to manage friend’s posts in new News-Feed?
- How to Edit your profile in new Facebook September 2011?
- How to logout from new Facebook September 2011?
- How to change account settings in new Facebook?
- How to Change privacy settings in new Facebook?
- What are new real-time friends’ activities side bar? And How it Works?
- What are the changes in new Facebook Homepage September 2011?
- What is new Facebook Subscribe Button and How it Works?
- How to subscribe or unsubscribe to a person on new Facebook?
- How to Delete a friend from new Facebook Profile?
- How to Add a friend in List in new Facebook?
- How to set the privacy to your posts in new Facebook profile 2011?
- How to poke a friend in new Facebook September 2011?
- How to report a person on new Facebook September 2011?
- How to Block a person on new Facebook September 2011?
- How to see news-feeds according to lists on new Facebook?
- How To Get/Activate/Enable Facebook Graph Search? [Tutorial]
- How To Disable ‘Seen By’ Feature In Facebook Chat For Chrome? [Tutorial]
- How To Disable ‘Seen By’ Feature In Facebook Chat For Mozilla Firefox? [Tutorial]
- How To Change Background of Facebook Timeline Profile? [Tutorial]
- How To Disable Facebook Timeline Profile On Internet Explorer? [Working]
- How To Disable Facebook Timeline For Profiles on Mozilla Firefox? [Working]
- How To Disable/Enable Facebook Timeline For Profiles On Google Chrome? [Working]
- How To Unban A Fan From Your Facebook Page Timeline? [Tutorial]
- How to Use Quick Reply Mode for Messages in Facebook?
- How To Use Message Option From Facebook Pages With Timeline? [Tutorial]