Chromebook Leasing Plans – Details by Google
In the Google I/O developer conference Wednesday, the company has confirmed the availability of Chromebooks from July 15, for Education as well as Business purposes. Check out the details and features after the jump.
Google started a Chromebooks for Business & Education program that allows businesses and educational institutions to pay Google a monthly fee in exchange for a supported, updated Chromebook.
Monthly Fee for Chromebook:
Google offers two packages including Educational and Business, packages are as follow.
- Business users will pay $28 a month for each Chromebook
- Educational institutions will pay $20 a month per unit
Below are the details of the subscription plan.
- Both schools and businesses will order their Chromebook units straight from Google at google.com/chromebook, stating from June 15, 2011.
- Google offers phone consultancy, email and hardware replacement facilities for Chromebook Business & Education users.
- IT managers can use virtualization platforms like Citrix to offer access to non-web apps, effectively making the Chromebook a thin client on steroids.
- Administrators are provided with multiple management options for configuring and monitoring lots of different units.
Although the prospective for education sales is enormous, particularly at the $240-a-year price.
Here is video in which Google explains the users, the features of Chromebook for Business & Education.